Monday, January 30, 2012

Sharing Christ - Ministry Highlight

Teammates,
Let me encourage you with an exciting FCA ministry highlight from around the area in fall 2011. Besides God moving in a powerful way at Fields of Faith in Brownwood this past October, there are also lives being changed daily on school campuses through weekly FCA huddle Bible studies. I want to share with you just one story in particular which reveals the impact of FCA and the influence of a coach. On September 30th, I was invited to speak at a local middle school FCA huddle, in Brady, which meets every Friday at 3:30 p.m. after school in their cafeteria. The following is a letter I received from the Brady FCA huddle coach afterwards. 
“Corbin,
I just wanted you to know that after your visit with us here at the middle school FCA huddle last Friday there was a young man named Mark that stayed after and even helped clean up with the adults.
Mark comes from a not so great background and a very troubled home life. Mark is a great kid and seems to attract others in his grade with his room altering smile. (Really! This kid has a smile that can make even the meanest teacher loosen up).
While we were busy cleaning up, I had to go get ready for the Varsity game that Friday night and Mark asked if he could catch a ride to the game.  I said, “Sure let me get changed for the game and then we’ll go.”  But, while I was changing something told me that Mark was not just here for a ride to the ball game but was still here for another reason.  So after doing a little praying in the coaches’ office, I called Mark into the office and began to visit with him about Christ. I explained to him how prayers to God without Christ in your life have no power because Jesus is the only way, the truth and the life and no one is allowed to God but by Him. After about 10 minutes of heart to heart, we prayed a sinner’s prayer and Mark received Christ right there in the coaches’ office. And once again he lit up the room and gave me a great big Thank You!
Today Mark is active in our church and in our youth programs.
Thanks,
Coach Terry Bean
Brady FCA”
That is what FCA is all about! I am continually humbled and amazed by similar stories that take place through this vital ministry on a regular basis. God is awesome and mightily using FCA for His Glory!
Thank you for making this possible in our area. I appreciate your support, both financially and prayerfully. I hope this rekindles your flame or ignites a new one for those of you who are not yet a part of Team FCA.
We need more financial teammates who feel led to give to this non-profit sports ministry to help provide student-athletes and coaches with Bibles, ministry resources, FCA camp scholarships, and staff salary. Please prayerfully consider your contribution through a one-time gift to our local Brownwood Area FCA, or even better, by committing a regular monthly gift at any level. For more information please visit our website to donate online: http://bigcountryfca.org/donate

No comments:

Post a Comment